If the statistics are to be believed, the modern-day digital savvy user spends a lot of time on social media in general and on Facebook in particular. Somehow time “wasted” is judged differently for different platforms. It seems that two hours spent on LinkedIn is seen as productive (because we are doing business), but on Facebook it being frowned upon. Pinterest is not a clear-cut case. You could be planning your wedding or just browsing.
There are a few websites that leave you in no doubt what you are doing. When it comes to wasting time do it like the pro that you are. Here is our list.
- Cat-bounce.com: Love cats? See and make them bounce.
- Staggeringbeauty.com: Move the mouse slowly or shake it vigorously. Let the swaying beauty dance for you.
- Papertoilet.com: Created by New York resident dutch-brasilian artist Rafaël Rozendaal. Other sites he created include Looking at something or Annoying cursor. Here is his complete list.
- iloveyoulikeafatladylovesapples.com: Feed the lady with apples. Enough said.
- Koalastothemax.com: Multiply at your leisure. If you are at leisure.
- Lacquerlacquer.com: Some might consider painting your fingernails a waste of time. Doing it online takes it to another level.
- Leduchamp.com: Anyone who cannot make it to the Museum of Modern Art in New York can experience Marcel Duchamp’s Readymade from 1913 with a click (or several) of a (mouse-) button.
- Toggletoggle.com: Strangely addictive. This is a site to switch off, quite literally.
- Hristu.net: The creme-de-la-creme of time wasting. And the point is? Exactly.
- Nullingthevoid.com: Colored cubes fall down and some explode. Anything else happening? Nope.
- Rrrgggbbb.com: Touch the letters and recreate that legendary Kraftwerk sound. See the colors changing. Oops, another 10 minutes gone.
- Republiquedesmangues.fr: A french site showcasing a mango. Why has this site 12K Likes? What am I doing wrong?
For more inspiration, go to Theuselessweb.com. Are you missing a site that you love to spend time on? Let me know.